Monday, August 01, 2005

My Lovely Flowers

It is no wonder that life is full of passions. I too have few passions like Ilaiyaraaja music, photography, investing and drinking Starbucks:-) Within photography I am crazy about shooting beautiful flowers. As you would probably have seen, I have posted some photographs of flowers in my blog. I love flowers and to take their photos.

My love to flowers and plants traces back to my childhood days. I used to spend a lot of time gardening in our backyard along with my dad. Gardening is a very relaxing activity mentally. It makes me forget everything. We used to plant a lot of flower plants and vegetable plants.

When a plant is transplanted, generally for first few hours it can be found with it's leaves and branches a little dried and hanging. Once it's roots take hold in the ground and water is accessed, the whole plant stands straight with leaves and branches looking bright and upward. To see a plant that you sowed take roots, standing straight and swaying is a beautiful feeling.

Generally I would plant in the evening and water the plant thoroughly. When I wake up in the morning first thing that would come to my mind would be that flower plant I transplanted last evening. Getting up from the bed, I would go straight to the backyard to watch my little flower plant swaying innocently feeling relieved that it took hold now. And to watch it when it sprouts new branches and buds would be like winning the world. Enough ramblings, here are some of the flower photographs that I have taken.













5 comments:

Aakarsh said...

Man..u r amazing...dont stop..do post more...and dont keep it just as a hobby..experiment/venture out more..

Me said...

Soooo beautiful!!
You can take really beautiful pics girl!!! Ow!!

DreamsUnlimited said...

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll keep clicking:-)

B said...

Sudheer...nice pictures. Are these flowers also from Hawaii...I have very similar ones from there. Actually I have bunch of them but not yet scanned as I used film for all these. Meanwhile, I posted some digital pics on my blog though. We have 2 of the 3 interests common..IR music & photography. I dont drink much starbucks though -:)

Anonymous said...

Orange flower is looking tremendous!! Nice pictures...